[ANN] Consul 1.8.0-beta2 Release

Chris Piraino

May 21, 2020, 5:06:00 PM5/21/20
to Consul

Hello all,

Today we are releasing the second beta of Consul 1.8.0.

**NOTE** This beta release does not have a forward compatibility guarantee and certain functionality may change that will be incompatible with the General Availability release. Please only use the beta releases to test functionality and upgrades with clusters that can be lost.

This release contains several bug fixes from the previous beta include:

  • Ingress gateways respect the same binding options as mesh and terminating gateways

  • Fixed bug where deleting a gateway config entry did not correctly remove xDS configuration from the envoy proxy

  • ui: Quote service names when filtering intentions to prevent 500 errors when accessing a service

  • ui: Ensure a value is always passed to CONSUL_SSO_ENABLED

  • agent: Preserve ModifyIndex for unchanged entry in KV transaction

  • agent: use default resolver scheme for gRPC dialing

Please see the complete changelog for details on the

release:

https://github.com/hashicorp/consul/blob/v1.8.0-beta2/CHANGELOG.md

The release binaries can be downloaded here:

https://releases.hashicorp.com/consul/1.8.0-beta2/

A high-level description of what 1.8.0 contains is available on the 1.8 announcement blog post

We encourage you to experiment with these new features, but recommend against using this build in a production environment. Depending on feedback and resolving outstanding issues, we may release further betas or release candidates, and will publish a final, generally available 1.8 release when appropriate.

Thank you to our active community members who have been invaluable in adding new features, reporting bugs, and improving the documentation for Consul in this release!

Thanks,

Consul Team