Consul handling dynamic ip address

pratyush ranjan

Jun 26, 2020, 2:15:59 AM6/26/20
to Consul
If suppose I have a node-exporter for my project running on aws instance its IP:port is:- "10.0.0.1:9100". I used agent service register to add it to consul. After sometime, the instances get dynamically updated so now the IP:port of my node_exporter is suppose :- "10.0.0.3:9100". So how Consul can update this registered service automatically ? Or I have to health check this service then trigger deregister and again register this service with updated IP addr?

Alexandra Freeman

Aug 27, 2020, 9:36:46 PM8/27/20
to Consul

Hello and thank you for your email!

On June 3, 2019 HashiCorp launched Discuss, a forum to facilitate dialogue within the HashiCorp community. This format allows answers to be more readily searched and indexed, making it easier to find answers to existing questions and to share knowledge with each other.

The HashiCorp team will be shifting to interact with practitioners on the forum, and we will be phasing out the Google Groups; on September 8 at 5pm EDT, inbound messages to this group will be disabled, and it will be used for outbound announcements only.

To prepare for this switch, please direct questions and conversations to the Consul discussion forum. We look forward to collaborating with you there!