RE: LOGICA 2022 -- 2nd CFP

Kreinovich, Vladik

May 27, 2022, 2:36:17 PM5/27/22
to construc...@googlegroups.com, Igor Sedlar
This may be of interest to many of us

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Sedlar

Institute of Philosophy of the The Czech Academy of Sciences announces

LOGICA 2022

the 35th in the series of annual international symposia devoted to logic, to be held in Tepla Monastery, Czech Republic, on

Sunday 11 September -- Thursday 15 September 2022.

Contributions devoted to any of the wide range of logical problems are welcome except those focused on specialized technical applications.
Particularly welcome are contributions that cover issues interesting both for philosophically and mathematically oriented logicians.

--INVITED SPEAKERS--

- Steve Awodey, Carnegie Mellon University
- Alena Vencovska, University of Manchester
- Yde Venema, University of Amsterdam

--SPECIAL SESSION--

The conference program will include a Special session on logic and information. The invited speakers at the special session are

- Marta Bilkova, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Alessandra Palmigiano, VU Amsterdam
- Heinrich Wansing, Ruhr University Bochum

--VENUE--

The venue has changed: In the first call for papers we announced that Logica 2022 was going to take place, as usual, in the Hejnice Monastery in Northern Bohemia. However, due to the humanitarian crisis caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, we had to change our plans.
Hejnice monastery now provides a shelter to 80 Ukrainian refugees and it seems that this situation will not change in the following months.

The new venue is the Premonstratensian Monastery of Tepla in West Bohemia:

https://www.marianskelazne.cz/en/tourist-attractions/tepla-monastery/

--COVID-19 ARRANGEMENTS--

We intend to hold the conference live, but we are monitoring the situation closely.

--SUBMISSION AND IMPORTANT DATES--

If you are interested in presenting a paper at the symposium, please submit a two-page blinded abstract via EasyChair by 1 June 2022. The guidelines for submissions can be found at

http://logika.flu.cas.cz/logica

Notifications will be sent out in mid-July.

Simultaneous submission to other conferences or journals is allowed, and we will also consider submissions based on recently published papers. However, such submissions will not be considered for the post-proceedings volume.

--PROGRAM COMMITTEE--

Francesco Berto, University of St Andrews Marta Bilkova, Czech Academy of Sciences Georg Brun, University of Bern Ivano Ciardelli, LMU Munich Christian Fermueller, TU Vienna Radek Honzik, Charles University Prague Gary Kemp, University of Glasgow Ansten Klev, Czech Academy of Sciences Vojtech Kolman, Charles University Prague Ondrej Majer, Czech Academy of Sciences Carles Noguera, University of Siena Hitoshi Omori, Ruhr University Bochum Alessandra Palmigiano, VU Amsterdam Jaroslav Peregrin, Czech Academy of Sciences Adam Prenosil, University of Cagliari Vit Puncochar (co-chair), Czech Academy of Sciences Greg Restall, University of St Andrews Olivier Roy, University of Bayreuth Igor Sedlar (co-chair), Czech Academy of Sciences Sebastian Sequoiah-Grayson, University of New South Wales Vitezslav Svejdar, Charles University Prague Vladimir Svoboda, Czech Academy of Sciences Andrew Tedder, Ruhr University Bochum Alena Vencovska, University of Manchester Heinrich Wansing, Ruhr University Bochum

--FEES--

The fee for the symposium is 500 EUR for participants and 370 EUR for accompanying persons. The fee covers full board and lodging at Tepla Monastery during the conference, the conference coach from Prague to Tepla and back, and (for participants) a copy of the postproceedings volume.

--PROCEEDINGS--

The Logica post-proceedings volumes are published in The Logica Yearbook series (College Publications). The deadline for submission to the post-proceedings volume is expected in November 2022 and the Logica Yearbook 2022 will be published in mid-2023.

--CONTACT--

All correspondence concerning the symposium should be directed to

log...@flu.cas.cz

or to

Vit Puncochar & Igor Sedlar
Institute of Philosophy
The Czech Academy of Sciences
Jilska 1, Prague 1, 110 00, Czech Republic