RE: Non-Classical Mathematics Symposium at CLMPST: Call for Abstracts

Kreinovich, Vladik

Jan 11, 2023, 11:51:58 PM1/11/23
to construc...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Ferguson

FYI, intuitionistic mathematics is one of the highlighted topics

From: Thomas Ferguson

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently organizing a contributed symposium on non-classical mathematics (NCM) at CLMPST 2023 in Buenos Aires, 24-27 July 2023 (https://clmpst2023.dc.uba.ar) and would like to invite you to contribute an abstract to our program.

The intended scope of the symposium is quite broad, including philosophical or formal research on:

* alternative mathematical theories (e.g. restricted theories of arithmetic or alternative class theories)

* mathematics formulated on non-classical deductive bases (e.g. intuitionistic, relevant, or fuzzy logics)

* analyses and solutions to set-theoretical paradoxes

A broader description of possibilities can be found at the NCM website (http://www2.cs.cas.cz/~ncm/whatncm.php). If you are interested in contributing an abstract and presenting a paper at the NCM symposium, we request that you send a title for your contribution by Wednesday, February 1st to tfer...@gradcenter.cuny.edu. Abstracts will be required by February 5th. We will submit the symposium proposal on February 2nd and thereafter provide further instructions on how to proceed with the submission of abstracts to those who showed interest in the symposium. So salient dates would be:

* February 1st, 2023: Titles for contributions needed

* February 2nd, 2023: Proposal made to CLMPST

* February 5th, 2023: Abstracts for contributions needed

Given the success of the special issue of the Logic Journal of the IGPL following the 2009 NCM symposium, we also aim to put together a similar special issue including contributions from this 2023 iteration of the NCM symposia.

With best regards,

Thomas Ferguson

(also on behalf of Libor Behounek and Petr Cintula)