ModRef'22 program, and modelling competition (with REMOTE PARTICIPATION)

Jip Dekker

Jun 20, 2022, 12:17:04 AM6/20/22
to Constraints
Dear constraints community,

I'm happy to announce the the following program for the Constraint Modelling and Reformulation workshop (ModRef) held at FLoC'22 before CP'22.
  • Session 1: 9:00 - 10:30
    • Invited Talk: Constraint modelling and solving: Learning from observing people – dr. Ruth Hoffman
    • Paper: Solving XCSP3 constraint problems using tools from software verification
    • Paper: Constraint-based Part-of-Speech Tagging
  • Session 2: 11:00 - 12:30
    • Paper: A portfolio-based analysis method for competition results
    • Paper: Efficiently Explaining CSPs with Unsatisfiable Subset Optimization
    • Paper: Automatic Generation of Dominance Breaking Nogoods for Constraint Optimization
  • Session 3: 14:00 - 15:30
    • Invited Talk: A Constraint-Based Tool for Generating Benchmark Instances – dr. Nguyen Dang
    • Modelling competition
  • Session 4: 16:00 - 17:15
    • Modelling competition cont.
    • 17:00: Competition results
Modelling Competition
As part of ModRef'22, we will host a modelling competition. Teams of up to five members will compete to be the first to find the best solutions for different instances of described problems. Teams can compete either on location at FLoC 2022 or remotely. We will organize a chat server to communicate with the teams competing remotely. The problem descriptions will be available from circa 14:45 (UTC+3) and solutions can be submitted until 17:00 (UTC+3), after which the winners will be directly announced.

Registration: Google Form, or in-person at FLoC 2022

I hope to see you there!
Jip

Jip Dekker

Jun 20, 2022, 9:33:37 PM6/20/22
to Constraints
For anyone looking for more information, I would like to direct you to the ModRef'22 webpage, and the detailed program on EasyChair with the authors of the different papers.