PostDoc positions: combining ML and Constraint Solving

Tias Guns

Jul 6, 2021, 6:37:51 AM7/6/21
to const...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

I have two post-doc positions regarding the integration of machine
learning and constraint solving.

The positions are part of my 5-year ERC Consolidator grant
"Conversational Human-Aware Technology for Optimisation", which aims to
build next-generation constrained optimisation techniques that learn
from the user and the environment, and that aim to allow for
explainable, interactive solving.

For the positions, combinatorial optimisation and constraint solving are
broadly interpreted and include CP/MIP/SAT/SMT/ASP. Tias' team is an
interdisciplinary team currently covering CP,ML,OR and with an AI
mindset. We mainly use Python and are building CPMpy, a numpy-based
constraint modeling environment: https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy

The full vacancy, including list of topics, work environment, and
application procedure is here:
https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/60039993?hl=en&lang=en

More details on the ERC project, including recent work:
https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~tias.guns/chat-opt.html

The formal deadline is 30/9, but no need to wait so long, drop me a mail
if considering to apply or wanting to know more.

I'm also at virtual CPAIOR this week.

Please forward to relevant researchers, thank you.

Kind regards,
Tias