CPMpy beta release

Tias Guns

Jul 20, 2021, 9:12:24 AM7/20/21
to const...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are happy to announce the first beta release of CPMpy:
https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy

At the 'Constraint modeling in Python' hackathon in February [2], we
decided to go ahead with creating a modern python-based CP modeling
environment. Rebranded to CPMpy to avoid package name conflicts.

Some distinguishing features are:

- numpy compatible, so you can use advanced indexing and all numpy
functions on both cpmpy expressions and numpy arrays [3]

- logging search progress and arbitrarily modifying solver parameters [4,5]

- intuitive hyperparameter search for solvers [6]

- MiniSearch-style repeated solving with blocking clauses [7]

- easy UNSAT core extraction and computing Minimal Unsatisfiable Subsets
(MUS) of CP problems [8]

Examples available here: https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy/tree/master/examples

We welcome beta testers!

We also welcome feedback on documentation, usage, bugs as well as
additional example problems. You can post corresponding 'issues' on
Github, or mail me.

Thank you to alpha testers Hakan Kjellerstrand, Alexander Schiendorfer
and my team.

The bigger plan is to have a stable release before the tutorial at CP21
in October.

[1] https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy
[2] https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~tias.guns/constraints_in_python.html
[3] https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy/blob/master/examples/sudoku.py
[4] https://cpmpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/solver_parameters.html
[5] https://cpmpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/multiple_solutions.html
[6]
https://github.com/CPMpy/cpmpy/blob/master/examples/advanced/hyperparameter_search.py
[7]
https://cpmpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/multiple_solutions.html#solution-enumeration-with-blocking-clauses
[8] https://cpmpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/unsat_core_extraction.html

Kind regards,
Tias

P.S. hiring postdocs

Vijay Saraswat

Jul 20, 2021, 2:08:57 PM7/20/21
to Tias Guns, const...@googlegroups.com, chandrika...@gs.com, Johannes Hoffart
Amazing!!!!! Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 20, 2021, at 9:12 AM, Tias Guns <tias...@kuleuven.be> wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hakan Kjellerstrand

Sep 19, 2021, 1:41:39 PM9/19/21
to Constraints
The last weeks I have played a little with cpmpy and ported most of my OR-tools (Python), Numberjack and Z3/Python models (in all about 220 models).

The models are now are available from my cpmpy page:  http://hakank.org/cpmpy/

/Hakan

Vijay Saraswat

Sep 22, 2021, 5:22:05 PM9/22/21