clean_cg script not working

Inari Listenmaa

Feb 16, 2017, 4:52:28 AM2/16/17
to Constraint Grammar
Hi,

I was trying to use this script http://visl.sdu.dk/clean_cg for cleaning up unused set definitions, but I'm getting an error:

main::addlist() called too early to check prototype at ./clean_cg line 61.

The grammar runs fine by VISL CG-3, so it shouldn't be due to invalid input. Is this just a problem with my setup, or should the file be updated?

Cheers,
Inari

Tino Didriksen

Feb 16, 2017, 5:11:11 AM2/16/17
to Constraint Grammar

On Thursday, 16 February 2017 10:52:28 UTC+1, Inari Listenmaa wrote:
I was trying to use this script http://visl.sdu.dk/clean_cg for cleaning up unused set definitions, but I'm getting an error:

main::addlist() called too early to check prototype at ./clean_cg line 61.

That's not an error, but I've fixed it anyway. It's simply that the functions are called before their full definition is parsed, which Perl handles but warns about.

However, the script doesn't make use of CG-3's own way to find removable sets, the cmdline flag --show-unused-sets so it's somewhat unsafe.

-- Tino Didriksen

Inari Listenmaa

Feb 16, 2017, 8:01:53 AM2/16/17
to Constraint Grammar

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:11:11 AM UTC+1, Tino Didriksen wrote:
That's not an error, but I've fixed it anyway. It's simply that the functions are called before their full definition is parsed, which Perl handles but warns about.

Haha right, I didn't check if it did anything, it just looked so much like an error :-P Thanks!

Inari