Second Call for Papers: Constraint Grammar Workshop at NoDaLiDa 2019 - Turku

Eckhard Bick

Jul 10, 2019, 4:39:30 AM7/10/19
to Constraint Grammar
Second Call for Papers

CONSTRAINT GRAMMAR WORKSHOP

Constraint Grammar - Methods, Tools and Applications

in conjunction with NoDaLiDa 2019, Turku, Finland, September 30, 2019

https://visl.sdu.dk/nodalida2019.html

This workshop on practical and theoretical aspects of CG will be co-located with NoDaLiDa 2019 in Turku. The new edition of the workshop continues the tradition of CG workshops at NoDaLiDa, unbroken since 2005. Apart from the traditional field of corpus-oriented tagging and parsing, Constraint Grammar continues to inspire applicational work, providing a robust NLP backbone in end user-oriented systems in various areas of language technology, such as spell and grammar checking, comma correction, ICALL, machine translation, lexicography and others. We therefore envision workshop contributions both regarding basic grammatical research and corpus linguistics on the one hand, and CG-based applications on the other hand. CG has always elicited a strong interest from researchers working on less-resourced languages, and we therefore explicitly welcome work targeting minor languages, such as the Sami languages, Greenlandic, Faroese, Tibetan and the Celtic languages.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We invite contributions concerning CG grammars for various languages or CG systems used in tools and applications. Research reports from fields relevant to the CG framework on the input side - such as finite-state analyzers, ontologies etc. - are also welcome. Finally, we are hoping for methodological contributions and experiments exploiting advances in expressive power in the most widely used CG compiler, CG-3. As usual, we encourage short papers on ongoing work.

The workshop will be organized as a half-day workshop with both full and short papers. Contributions will be reviewed anonymously, and the papers will be published in the NoDaLiDa 2019 workshop proceedings.

We invite extended abstracts, approximately 1500 words (for an 8 page full paper) or 750 words (for a 4 page short paper) - additional pages with bibliographic references not included.

Final full versions of accepted papers can be submitted after the workshop, and will be published in the NEALT Proceedings Series by Linköping University Electronic Press.

IMPORTANT DATES

        Monday, August 5, 2019: Submission of abstracts
        Monday, August 19, 2019: Notification of acceptance
        Monday, September 9, 2019: Camera-ready abstracts
        Monday, September 30, 2019: Workshop (NoDaLiDa main conference 1-2 Oct)
        Monday, November 4, 2019: Submission of camera-ready full manuscripts

SUBMISSION FORMATS

All submissions must follow the NoDaLiDa 2019 style files, which are available for LaTeX (preferred) and MS Word and can be retrieved from the following address:

http://www.nodalida2019.org/authorkit.zip

Submissions must be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. Abstracts (1500 words for full papers and 750 words for short papers, excluding bibliography) must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system. Abstract submissions that violate either of these requirements will be returned without review.

SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT

Submissions to the conference must be uploaded electronically, obeying the above requirements and no later than (end of day, world-wide):

        Monday, August 5, 2019

NoDaLiDa 2019 utilizes the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings. Submission for the conference can be made at:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cgworkshop2019

ORGANIZERS

* Eckhard Bick, eckhar...@mail.dk, University of Southern Denmark
* Tino Didriksen, tino.di...@gmail.com, GrammarSoft ApS