End Photo Radar: Action Needed

Mark Hubler

Feb 18, 2009, 4:33:22 PM2/18/09
to Constitution Party of Arizona
Hello Fellow Americans,

Photo radar has been a very prosperous endeavor for the state of
Arizona. There have been many tickets issued which would not have
otherwise been. I do not believe people should drive in a way that
jepardizes the lives of others and I believe we should obey the speed
limits. However, photo radar should not be the answer. There are
multiple reasons why photo radar should go away.

One reason this system should be outlawed is that law enforcement
should not be influenced by money. This can create a very unjust legal
system motivated by greed and not by true justice. After all, if you
are ticketted by photo radar, you are sent a bill. This does not
affect points on your license, or any other legal consequence. This
alone begs the question of motive for these cameras.

In addition, there is another problem with this method. It punishes
citizens without due process of law. There is no trial. There is no
option of a jury by peers. The right to face one's accusor is gone
because the accusor is a machine!! There is just a fine to pay. Then
if you can afford it, you can continue to speed, since all you will
receive is a fine. Clearly these cameras are an infingement on our
constitutional freedoms and an assault to our justice system. If they
are encouraged, what will be next?

I encourage you to read the message below and make the appropriate
contacts to show your support for HB2106.

Thanks, and God Bless,

Mark Hubler

HB2106 prohibiting photo radar on State highways has made it through
all committees and is on its way to a full floor vote.

DPS is out in full force lobbying against this important bill. Make
sure your state rep knows you want this bill to pass, and you want an
end to photo radar.

Find out who your rep is and email them today by clicking on this
link.
http://www.azleg.gov/alisStaticPages/HowToContactMember.asp