Call for Console-ing Passions Jane Feuer Grant Applications and Donations

Console-ing Passions

Mar 22, 2023, 3:14:01 PM3/22/23
to console-i...@googlegroups.com

CALL FOR CONSOLE-ING PASSIONS JANE FEUER GRANT APPLICATIONS

Console-ing Passions is pleased to announce the second application cycle for the Jane Feuer Memorial Grant. We created this fund to pay tribute to one of our founders, the exemplary television scholar Jane Feuer, who passed away in January 2021.

The Jane Feuer Memorial Fund offers financial aid to at least one graduate student or precariously employed academic who attends the Console-ing Passions conference. We will award more than one grant if our budget allows. Award winners will receive up to $500 to fund travel, lodging, and/or meals. Conference registration fees for award winners will also be waived.

Prospective Applicants

Applicants should write a 300- to 350-word essay about their scholarly interests and reasons for wanting to attend the Console-ing Passions conference along with contact information.  Although applicants are not required to disclose anything about their finances, they are welcome to, especially if conference attendance presents a significant financial hardship.

Please email essays to consolein...@gmail.com with the subject line "Jane Feuer Grant Application."

Previous grant recipients are welcome to apply again; however, priority will be given to those applicants who have not yet received a grant.

Grants will be awarded at the conference.

Important Dates

April 1, 2023: Deadline for Award Submissions

April 10, 2023: Notification of Award Winners

June 22-24, 2023: Console-ing Passions Calgary conference & grant disbursement

To donate, please find us on Venmo @Amanda-Klein-00235.  When donating, please indicate whether you are donating to CP’s general fund or to the Jane Feuer Memorial Fund.

Console-ing Passions

Mar 30, 2023, 4:19:59 PM3/30/23
to console-i...@googlegroups.com