CFP: Fan Studies Network North America (FSNNA) 2024

Fan Studies Network North America

Apr 9, 2024, 3:30:05 PMApr 9
to Console-ing Passions
Call for Participation: Fan Studies Network North America (FSNNA) conference

  • FSNNA is seeking submissions for its annual conference, online October 17-20!

We warmly welcome submissions from early career researchers, graduate students, and independent scholars, as well as established scholars. Likewise, contributions are welcomed from across disciplines, not just fan studies: we are interested in work from media studies, the humanities, the social sciences, library science, and more.

We encourage contributions that consider all forms of fandom. This may include specific media texts (e.g., film, television, print texts/series, games, video streaming, etc.), other fan-objects (e.g., sports, music, celebrity culture, etc.), specific national or regional contexts, theoretical approaches to studying fandom, investigations of fanwork genres or fan practices, and more.

See the full call and submissions form here!