Current Flow Subset analysis Problem

Robby

Nov 30, 2011, 8:17:58 PM11/30/11
to Connectivity Analysis Toolkit
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run a Current Flow subset Analysis and it keeps telling
me I don't have enough available memory... This is the system I'm
using: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, 3.40 GHz processor, 16 GB RAM

I don't even see my CPU Usage or Memory spike before CAT tells me I'm
out of memory. Is there some kind of block in the programming?

I'm trying to run CAT on 140K nodes, the Shortest path subset analysis
worked... Any ideas?

Carlos Carroll

Nov 30, 2011, 10:00:00 PM11/30/11
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Exact analysis of 140k nodes would require much more than 16GB RAM.
your options are:
1) Recommended: Use all-pairs approximate current flow centrality (no subset file)
2) Use fewer nodes
or
3) run it on a supercomputer :}

Robby Marrotte

Dec 1, 2011, 11:32:21 AM12/1/11
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I ran the all-pairs current flow analysis while running the all-pairs shortest path and they worked.

carlos

Dec 26, 2011, 4:48:14 PM12/26/11
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
I plan to add a new version of current flow subset centrality in the next update (version 1.2.1) within a few weeks. This should allow you to run this function with lower RAM requirements.

Robby Marrotte

Jan 4, 2012, 5:37:37 PM1/4/12
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, can't wait to try it. Having trouble running things right now.