Upcoming enhancements and bugfixes in CAT v1.1

carlos

Sep 27, 2010, 12:01:34 PM9/27/10
to Connectivity Analysis Toolkit
We plan to release a new version of the CAT in early October. All
users who signed up via the connectivitytools.org 'download request'
page will receive an email providing info on the new release and how
to download it.

This v1.1 release will contain a major enhancement:
Time-series min-cost flow analysis (eg, for analyzing range shifts
under climate change) will be implemented.

The release will also contain minor bugfixes.
Perhaps the most important one is that in v1.0, PageRank was not
working correctly when called from the GUI.
If you need to use PageRank before the v1.1 release, run this from the
command line using pythonflow.exe.

For the v1.2 release, planned for late 2010, we hope to incorporate an
improved version of current flow centrality that uses much less RAM.
This will make current flow analyses using the CAT practical for users
without the huge amount of RAM this function now requires.

A couple of users have contacted me by email or via the download
request form with questions and bug reports. It's more efficient to
post to this Google groups page with questions as then other users can
learn from our attempts to resolve any issues. Thanks.