Re: CAT

Carlos Carroll

Sep 10, 2012, 8:12:47 PM9/10/12
to Samuel Chambers, connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Samuel - I'm not aware of a limitation on the size of the asc file.
But the largest I have input is <1GB. Given the computational
limitations on analyzing graphs of very large sizes, it is in my
experience not necessary to use a input asc of that size. One can
coarsen the resolution of the grid (eg, in ArcGIS), produce a smaller
asc file, and then create a hexagon file from that smaller asc file.
Typically there will still be many (<100s) of pixels that fall within
each hexagon, so you don't lose much information.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Samuel Chambers
<scha...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Carlos Carroll,
>
> Is there a maximum file size for the Graph Source? I ran a similar model to
> the one I am now, just smaller. This time it is not working. The size of the
> first ASC is 1456.23 MB. The new ASC is 1632.23 MB. Thank you.
>
> --
> Samuel Chambers, M.S.
> Research Assistant
> Arid Lands Resource Sciences
> University of Arizona

carlos

Sep 13, 2012, 3:26:06 PM9/13/12
to Connectivity Analysis Toolkit, scha...@email.arizona.edu
Samuel - The latest version of Hexsim (on which the CAT depends for
asc import) adds better functionality for importing asc files. I plan
to release a new version of the CAT within the next month which
incorporates this. Maybe this will help with your issue.

On Sep 10, 5:12 pm, Carlos Carroll <klamathconservat...@gmail.com>