Current flow analysis

Pierre Vernier

Feb 7, 2012, 9:36:46 PM2/7/12
to Connectivity Analysis Toolkit
Hello everyone,

I just download the Toolkit and was trying to view the output from
tutorial exercise 3. I was able to join and view results from the
first analysis (join field = hex_id) but not the second analysis
because the output file (hab5cond.txt) does not have field names and
it's not clear which field is the join field. I'm probably missing
something simple but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Pierre

Carlos Carroll

Feb 8, 2012, 11:01:29 AM2/8/12
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Pierre - You wouldn't be able to view the cond.txt file in a GIS program because it's an edgelist. You need to use the edgelist to run the current flow centrality analysis and then the output from that will be a nodelist and have fieldnames, etc.

Robby Marrotte

Feb 8, 2012, 11:29:25 AM2/8/12
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
The output hab5con.txt is pairwise conductance between patches or populations. (called an edgelist file in CAT help) You shouldn't be able to join this file to anything in ArcGIS yet. It's basically the data used to generate current flow BC in the last part of CAT.

Pierre Vernier

Feb 8, 2012, 4:08:55 PM2/8/12
to connectiv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick responses. That was exactly the problem - I lost track of my output file and was trying to join the wrong file.
Pierre