Zotero

kulcsi

Sep 8, 2008, 7:41:39 AM9/8/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help
you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. What do U think
about this tool? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotero

I need a tool for taking notes in the course of reading articles. It
would be nice to have a GUI where I can link my note to the specified
paragraph, or sentence. What do you use for this?

Steve Mackenzie

Sep 8, 2008, 7:49:39 AM9/8/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
Hi kulsci

I installed zotero once, but have not really used it. the reviews are
good.
Is the diggo social bookmarking site with its highlight feature any
use to you

all the best
Steve

On Sep 8, 12:41 pm, kulcsi <kul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help
> you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. What do U think
> about this tool?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotero

kulcsi

Sep 8, 2008, 8:15:53 AM9/8/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
Thnx a lot, Steve! At first blink it seems to have all the
functionality I wanted! I will switch from delicious to diigo, that's
for sure!

On szept. 8, 13:49, Steve Mackenzie <smackenzie...@googlemail.com>

Christy

Sep 9, 2008, 9:38:40 AM9/9/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
You can actually use both Diigo and delicious. I use Diigo and send
all my bookmarks automatically to delicious.

If you want to see an example of notes and discussion with Diigo's
highlighting, check out this:
http://halfanhour.blogspot.com/2007/02/what-connectivism-is.html

You can do private notes instead of public ones like these, of course,
but if you share your notes with everyone we can all learn from
them. :)

Christy

George Siemens

Sep 9, 2008, 9:45:03 AM9/9/08
to connec...@googlegroups.com
Hi - just a quick note on this - to see the comments, you need to download diigo plugin. Once downloaded, you can see the comments and contribute (even if the contributors aren't your friends (in diigo), unless they've set their comments as private/network). We'll be using this more later in the course...diigo and stumbleupon offer insight into a completely different way of interacting with others...huge potential impact on classrooms/education.

George

arm

Sep 9, 2008, 12:44:33 PM9/9/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
I have bee using this as my main archiving and annotation tool for
several months. It is also a greart tool for listing people and adding
notes about their specialties.

On Sep 8, 4:41 am, kulcsi <kul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help
> you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. What do U think
> about this tool?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotero

Christy

Sep 10, 2008, 8:15:23 AM9/10/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
Sorry--I should have mentioned that the Diigo download is necessary.
Kulcsi had already mentioned he was getting it, so I knew he was OK
and wasn't thinking about anyone else.

Glad to hear that these tools will be discussed later in the course.
I'm looking forward to it!

Christy