Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

arieliondotcom

da leggere,
17 set 2008, 14:52:5617/09/08
a Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
While reading Stephen's paper "Learning Networks and Connective
Knowledge" I thought of the analogy that each of us is a textbook that
is accessed by each contact we have and each connection we make or is
made with us, weak or strong.

Agree? Disagree? Call the mental health ward? :)

Peter

da leggere,
17 set 2008, 15:10:5217/09/08
a Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
In that case some of my textbooks are childrens stories and some are
academically rigorous mind expanders.

I agree with this analogy, just this morning one of my tertiary
network connections pointed me toward a good paper on the creation of
student-generated content; http://www.e-mentor.edu.pl/_xml/wydania/21/467.pdf
This paper is very timely as I am working on developing OER skills and
knowledge within a middle school (http://www.wikieducator.org/
User:Prawstho#K12_OER_Development). I feel the students should be
developing the curriculum... Here is my summary of the paper.
http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator/browse_thread/thread/797ca36816f66dcc?hl=en#

So here is a "weak" network connection having a significant learning
event for my day...

JanetH

da leggere,
15 nov 2008, 02:53:2015/11/08
a Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
Many students of this course are educators/teachers.
Has anyone brought their own students into the course or the process?
Does it connect with students of students or are we all peers?

Some of us are involved in education technology.
We may not have students directly.
What would happen if we brought content experts/teachers
and their students in with us as a team.

Would the conversations be different if the connections were
more vertical as well as geographical?

What does vertical look like if we are not currently working in
education?
How can we find a cohort for the kinds of connections this course
makes?

If all students are textbooks to some degree,
how do we make sure we are widely read =).

Cheers

Janet
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore