Is there something that can be done about the explicit pornography on the home page?

Frank.metaweb20

Aug 26, 2008, 7:43:03 PM8/26/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
I can't open this Google Groups for Connectivism here at work because
it has explicit sexual content (text and images). What is going on
here?

Ton

Aug 27, 2008, 2:22:33 AM8/27/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
I see what you mean. That is not something I have seen before in
Google Groups.

Can be something in the settings of this group (George / Stephen, is
there a 'adult' switch in the group settings?)
Can be something gone wrong on the Google side.

In any case, the 'group owner' is most likely the one to act.

Elmine Wijnia

Aug 27, 2008, 3:21:38 AM8/27/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
there are spam pages and files that might attrackt the ads. Gross!

Elmine

George Siemens

Aug 27, 2008, 4:38:51 AM8/27/08
to connec...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I've changed the settings and deleted the files. I don't normally visit the website of the group...only receive the emails. Sorry about that.
George

Ton Zijlstra

Aug 27, 2008, 4:48:50 AM8/27/08
to connec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks George.
There is still one file with pornographic title, but the adverts are gone now!

best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

t...@tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

George Siemens

Claudia

Sep 7, 2008, 9:41:25 PM9/7/08
to Connectivism and Connective Knowledge
A mí me acaba de aparecer creo que el mismo correo que mencionan,
ojalá desaparezca, ya que es una pena que las personas que estén
interesadas en Connectivism, se tomen una mala impresión con esto.
Saludos, por mí no se preocupen que se que no ha sido nadie de
nosotros.

On Aug 27, 5:32 am, "George Siemens" <gsiem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok - it's gone. We'll keep the list off of moderation (for comments, files
> can no longer be uploaded) for the time being...but if we start to get
> spam...I'll turn moderation on. I'll keep you posted.

Barbara Dieu

Sep 8, 2008, 3:19:11 PM9/8/08
to connec...@googlegroups.com
Please remove the page
http://groups.google.com/group/connectivism/web/connectivism-in-elt
Apparently someone has added a link to a porno page under the dekita link :-(
Warm regards,
Bee

--
Barbara Dieu