Reminder! Petition to the Legislature for 2011 is open until Jan. 20. Please sign!

1 view

Kathy

Jan 6, 2011, 4:21:22 PM1/6/11
to Connecticut BullyBusters
If you have not already signed the petition for support of a Healthy
Workplace Bill, please consider doing so now. The petition will close
January 20. The legislative session began yesterday. Please also keep
in mind that if a bill is proposed, it will have a public hearing. Any
appearance at a public hearing in support of the bill gives it weight.
If you do not feel comfortable appearing, you may ask a neighbor,
relative, or friend to do so. You do have to use your real name and
address for any testimony, but you don't have to "name names" or say
anything more than "I speak in support of Bill #xxxx." If you have
been bullied in the workplace, this is your opportunity to be heard.
Please also ask friends to sign. The content of the model bill is
explained in the Petition. Change.orgPetition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/view/pass_a_connecticut_healthy_workplace_bill

I will keep people posted of events on Facebook and on the google
group, but my colleague Kate McGrath will take my place while I am
overseas. I am on sabbatical this year and unfortunately must be away
for part of the legislative session.
Please sign the petition and let's make Connecticut workplaces
Healthy! This has been a bi-partisan bill in many states
andConnecticut Healthy Workplace Advocates is not a partisan
organization.
Change.org Petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/view/pass_a_connecticut_healthy_workplace_bill

Katherine A. Hermes, J.D., Ph.D.
Volunteer Coordinator
Connecticut Healthy Workplace Advocates
http://groups.google.com/group/connecticut-bullybusters
http://ctbullybusters.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5103936939

Kathy

Jan 18, 2011, 11:54:33 PM1/18/11
to Connecticut BullyBusters
JUST A REMINDER THAT THE PETITION CLOSES ON JANUARY 20. IF YOU HAVEN'T
SIGNED, PLEASE DO. IF YOU HAVE SIGNED, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
PLEASE REMIND FRIENDS AND FAMILY!