ConnectBox Sep18 software update available

Edwin Steele

Sep 26, 2018, 3:11:44 AM9/26/18
to Connectbox Google Group
Hi all,
We've released an software update suitable for all ConnectBox devices.

The major changes in this release are:

* Support for the OLED display on the new ConnectBox model
* Significantly improved support for Android devices with active cellular plans
* Simpler connection experience, using graphical hints to help users find content when connecting
* Fixed several rendering issues in the icon-only interface, including issues with older Android browsers
* New, simple activation of ssh service for development and troubleshooting
* Ease-of-use improvements to the admin interface

The update is available to download from GitHub (https://github.com/ConnectBox/connectbox-pi/releases/tag/v20180914).

To apply it, follow the instructions to "Reset your ConnectBox to factory condition" on the ConnectBox support page: https://connectbox.technology/wp/support/

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Edwin.
--
Edwin Steele e: ed...@wordspeak.org w: http://wordspeak.org

Jason Hopkins

Oct 16, 2018, 2:19:18 PM10/16/18
to ConnectBox
I think I found a small bug. Where should I report it? I'll describe it here in case that helps.

When watching a video, I wanted to navigate back to the video folder, but instead of using the back button I cut the URL back to:

http://connectbox/content/Video/

When I hit enter, it takes me to a page that shows the json. See attached screen cap. Same thing when I go to:

But, if I cut off the "/" on the second one:

Everything works as expected. But, that doesn't work on:

It still shows the json page.

I tend to b
vlcsnap-2018-10-16-13h09m57s843.png

Edwin Steele

Oct 17, 2018, 2:38:28 AM10/17/18
to Jason Hopkins, Connectbox Google Group
Hi Jason,
  Thanks for your email and description. This is a byproduct of the way we serve media from the web server and it’s not something that we can easily change. We’re evaluating an interface that makes media playback a bit more intuitive and we’ll keep your situation in mind as we do that.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Edwin.

<vlcsnap-2018-10-16-13h09m57s843.png>