Tunnel devices on mobile hotspot

Mark Hamilton

Jul 20, 2013, 2:42:44 PM7/20/13
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I created a tunnel for vnc using the port forward function in ConnectBot and that worked fine if I want to use VNC from my phone.  As you can imagine though, the screen is a little small to do things easily.  So I connected my laptop to the mobile hotspot on the phone and pointed vnc to the ip address for the gateway.  The gateway ip should be the ip on the phone.  It appears that ConnectBot will not forward anything accept what is sent to localhost or 127.0.0.1 on the phone.  Is it possible to have ConnectBot port forward for devices connected to the mobile hotspot?

I was able to work around the issue by not using ConnectBot to build the tunnel and just moved the tunnel out to the laptop using putty but it would be really cool to be able to tunnel through the hotspot using ConnectBot.