Installation problem on Google Nexus 7

Phil Bewig

Jul 15, 2014, 9:48:36 AM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I am having trouble installing ConnectBot on my Google Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.4.2. When I install from the Play Store, it downloads quickly, then stalls with a message "Installing". The program never installs, I never see the icon. However, when I return to the Play Store, it recognizes that ConnectBot is installed, and pressing the Open button causes ConnectBot to open, where it seems to work properly, and I am able to connect to my Raspberry Pi.

How can I get ConnectBot installed so I can run it from an icon?

By the way, I also tried JuiceSSH. The same thing happens. I am able to download and run the program, but it never installs. So the problem is somewhere on the Nexus 7.

Dennis Rockwell

Jul 15, 2014, 11:17:15 AM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Check your launcher's "drawer" or whatever it's called, it's complete
set of installed apps. Perhaps the install couldn't make a shortcut on
the launcher screen and you may have to do it yourself.

Exactly how depends on your launcher.

Dennis

Phil Bewig

Jul 15, 2014, 12:16:20 PM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I looked. It's not there. And the fact that it never shows the "installation complete" message suggests that it's not just a case of a missing shortcut.

Douglas Thrift

Jul 15, 2014, 1:45:40 PM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
The version of ConnectBot from the Play Store is ancient. I haven't had
any trouble running snapshot builds from the ConnectBot GitHub page:

https://github.com/connectbot/connectbot/releases

I'm currently running:

https://github.com/connectbot/connectbot/releases/tag/git-master-2014-03-02_12-38-08

I hope this helps!

Douglas William Thrift
<http://douglasthrift.net/>

Phil Bewig

Jul 15, 2014, 2:06:27 PM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion. How do I install a snapshot build on my Nexus 7?

Douglas Thrift

Jul 15, 2014, 2:19:45 PM7/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Download the APK file on the device and then go to downloads and tap the
APK, it might bring up a dialog asking you to go to settings to enable
installing from outside the market.

Douglas William Thrift
<http://douglasthrift.net/>

> > an email to connectbot-use...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>