Auto connect profile on startup

starm...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 1:25:47 PM2/24/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I searched the previous posts and all I have come up with is auto loading keys, so forgive me if this is covered somewhere and I can't find it.
I have ConnectBot set to run at start-up with the Auto Start app. That works fine, but I need it to also connect to the telnet profile I have created without any user intervention.
Is there a way to do this? I am not afraid to root in and edit files.
Thanks for reading

mole...@googlemail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 3:42:26 PM2/24/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com

If your auto start app supports launching 'shortcuts' rather than apps you can choose connectbot and then the connection profile within it.
Works for me in Nova Launcher and Llama, I've not tried a startup app but it should be similar.

starm...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 4:47:14 PM2/24/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com, mole...@googlemail.com
It doesn't appear that it does. Is there anywhere in any configuration files I can alter to have it open the saved connection?

Micha Mike

Jun 13, 2014, 10:58:11 AM6/13/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar question, how can I start connectbots with a specific profile from my own app ?
I'm able to start the connectbots but I'm not able to start a shortcut with a profile.
It seems to be Android API doesn't support to start shortcuts ??

Thanks and Regards,
Mike

Karl Pearson

Jun 15, 2014, 3:05:19 AM6/15/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I do that all the time. I create a shortcut on my desktop and assign a
profile from ConnectBot as the shortcut. I use 3 or 4 depending whether
on my tablet or phone.

Do it by long-pressing on the background, or however you go to widgets,
then select ConnectBot, and once you long-press to move the icon to your
desktop where you want it, the list of profiles will come up. Tap the
one you wish to start from your desktop.

Done.

Have fun.

Karl

---
Karl L. Pearson | ka...@ourldsfamily.com | Owner/Admin:
OurLDSFamily.com | LDSMissionaryMoms.com | LDSMilitaryMoms.com
Support for any service we offer: Support.OurLDSFamily.com
My "Mormon.org" profile: http://mormon.org/me/1GCM
---

Micha Mike

Jun 16, 2014, 5:00:46 AM6/16/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl,

Thank you for the answer,
I have been using Connectbots Shortcuts as well,
my question is howto start such kind of Shortcut in my own written App.
I'm just able to start the App "connectbots" via

Intent LaunchIntent = getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage(appname);

I couldn't figure out howto start a Shortcut.

Regards,
Mike

Karl Pearson

Jun 16, 2014, 2:45:32 PM6/16/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

You write apps. I write bash scripts on my Linux servers and workstations. I am not going to be any help other than guessing a passed param may work, but again would only guess at the syntax.

Hopefully someone on this list will know the answer and not just tell you to use a different app... :-)

Karl
Pardon brevity and typos, sent via my Android device
---

Shai Ayal

Jun 16, 2014, 2:59:18 PM6/16/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure, but I think if you try to launch a uri:
ssh://user@host
connectbot should pick it up

SPT - persistent SSH tunnels for android.