Moving to a new phone

Tim Howe

May 12, 2014, 6:11:48 PM5/12/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
What's the best way to move my saved connections to a new device?

Karl Pearson

May 12, 2014, 8:08:16 PM5/12/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I've moved to new devices a couple times and haven't figured it out...

I'd like to know if it's possible. I hour ConnectBot is backed up with other android OS items, but know that's not the case from experience.

Karl
(please excuse typos & brevity--sent via mobile)

---
Karl L. Pearson | ka...@ourldsfamily.com | Owner/Admin:
OurLDSFamily.com | LDSMissionaryMoms.com | LDSMilitaryMoms.com
Support for any service we offer: Support.OurLDSFamily.com
My "Mormon.org" profile: http://mormon.org/me/1GCM
---

Rubin Abdi

May 12, 2014, 8:49:29 PM5/12/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I'm a fan of Titanium Backup, which works well if your device has an SD
card or some such and are rooted. I believe you can also push backups to
data store services like Dropbox too. If you're rooted I believe this is
more of a pain. It would be a nice feature to have ConnectBox export its
connections list config to a single file to move around.

--
Rubin
ru...@starset.net

signature.asc

Douglas Thrift

May 12, 2014, 8:50:36 PM5/12/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
These are the steps to do a backup and restore using the Android backup
service:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/connectbot-users/eSa0coP06bY/_MpVzrPJ_5YJ

I hope this helps!

Douglas William Thrift
<http://douglasthrift.net/>

On 5/12/2014 5:08 PM, Karl Pearson wrote:
> I've moved to new devices a couple times and haven't figured it out...
>
> I'd like to know if it's possible. I hour ConnectBot is backed up with
> other android OS items, but know that's not the case from experience.
>
> Karl
> (please excuse typos & brevity--sent via mobile)
>

> ---
> Karl L. Pearson | ka...@ourldsfamily.com | Owner/Admin:
> OurLDSFamily.com <http://OurLDSFamily.com> | LDSMissionaryMoms.com
> <http://LDSMissionaryMoms.com> | LDSMilitaryMoms.com
> <http://LDSMilitaryMoms.com>
> Support for any service we offer: Support.OurLDSFamily.com
> <http://Support.OurLDSFamily.com>
> My "Mormon.org <http://Mormon.org>" profile: http://mormon.org/me/1GCM
> ---
>

> On May 12, 2014 4:11:48 PM MDT, Tim Howe <timhowe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What's the best way to move my saved connections to a new device?

Karl Pearson

May 13, 2014, 1:22:08 AM5/13/14
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember the last time there was an update to ConnectBot, so I
wonder if it's actively being developed any more. I know there are
various forks, but the ones I've tried are too foreign and I just need
something that works and will use shared keys easily and not as an
annoying afterthought, which ConnectBot may do, but that annoyance
matches the annoyance that is my feeble brain.

Karl

---