Remote-Control ConnectBot from other App?

Jan Kechel

Jul 6, 2013, 6:44:57 AM7/6/13
to connectb...@googlegroups.com
Hi ConnectBot Users,

I'd love to remote-control my linux-music-box with some android app.

For this i want to write a simple app, that calls shell-commands on my linux-music-box over a ssh-connection. (Packed in a simple gui with fancy icons for next-song, turn up / down, etc.). Also this could be used for any other shell-commands like shutdown or whatever.

Of course I don't want to write my own ssh-client, but would love to use ConnectBot for this!

Are there any interfaces or start-parameters in Connect-Bot to connect to some client if no connection is established yet, keep that connection and from time to time send a shell command?

This would just be great!

Jan

Shai Ayal

Jul 6, 2013, 7:20:02 AM7/6/13
to connectb...@googlegroups.com

Not exactly what you asked for, but jsch is a ssh library you can use, look it up, it's simple, and has great examples on their page