Glossotechnia

Liam Sauer-Wooden

Apr 13, 2009, 4:51:12 PM4/13/09
to Conlang Card Game Development
As a long-time (30+ years) conlanger and gamer, I'd like to help
playtest this. I'm a member of a group of adult board gamers with
varied interests, at least 3 of which have an interest in languages.

~Liam

Jim Henry

Apr 13, 2009, 8:44:49 PM4/13/09
to conlang-...@googlegroups.com

Welcome! Feel free to make a deck of your own, using
the deck descriptions on the website, and playtest with
whoever you can talk into trying it. And let us know how
it goes.

I made my decks with blank 3"x5" index cards, a thick
black marker for the large-print text, and a black ballpoint
pen for the smaller print text.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/

Dhokarena56

Apr 16, 2009, 11:28:28 AM4/16/09
to Conlang Card Game Development
Is there a way to have a printer do 3-by-5's?

On Apr 13, 8:44 pm, Jim Henry <jimhenry1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Liam Sauer-Wooden

Jim Henry

Apr 16, 2009, 8:52:04 PM4/16/09
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Dhokarena56 <dhoka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have a printer do 3-by-5's?

I think so, but I'm not sure. My brother and his
roommate are still subscribed to this list, I think,
and they've created printed index cards (mostly
larger than 3x5, I think) for some of their
wargames.

Dhokarena56

Apr 28, 2009, 3:34:11 PM4/28/09
to Conlang Card Game Development
By the way, if the players decide to have ergative alignment, how do
we handle the word order cards?

Greg

Apr 29, 2009, 2:47:09 AM4/29/09
to conlang-...@googlegroups.com
Assuming the players decide to make word order an ergative process (it
doesn't need to be, even if the language has ergative case-marking),
we might say that S is also Agent and O is also Experiencer/Patient.