Confluent Community: Good-bye Google Groups, hello Discourse!

Robin Moffatt

May 7, 2021, 4:16:00 AM5/7/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Earlier this year we launched the Confluent Community Forum, which is a web-based forum built on Discourse. It has excellent usability, lots of nice features, and complements the existing Confluent Communtiy Slack group well.

As the saying goes, two's company, but three's a crowd - and we've decided to deprecate this Confluent Platform Google Groups mailing list in favour of the Confluent Community Forum. As of today the Google Group will be set to read-only, meaning that the existing discussions can still be accessed but new posts will not be allowed.

You are very welcome to come and join the forum, and you'll be pleased to see a lot of the same characteristics as this Google Group. You can read all the content without needing to login. You can ask and share questions with a wide number of Confluent users. You can even participate by email if you'd like to.

To learn more about the Confluent Community Forum see this post and to join in simply head to https://forum.confluent.io/.

Thanks,

Robin, on behalf of the Confluent Platform Google Group mods

--

Robin Moffatt | Senior Developer Advocate | ro...@confluent.io | @rmoff