JDBC timestamp use with multiple tables

Kyley Jex

Apr 21, 2021, 8:46:13 AM4/21/21
to Confluent Platform
It is unclear to me how the timestamp mode can be used for multiple tables.  For my use case, the timestamp column may be different for each table.  Is it possible to define a different column for the timestamp value for each table?  Or do I need to define the same column in every table?

Cheers,
Kyley

Robin Moffatt

Apr 21, 2021, 8:50:52 AM4/21/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
You'd need to create a different connector for each table that has a different timestamp column name. Or standardise on a timestamp column name, if you have the option of changing the source schema.

--

Robin Moffatt | Senior Developer Advocate | ro...@confluent.io | @rmoff

Kyley Jex

Apr 21, 2021, 9:20:42 AM4/21/21
to Confluent Platform
Thank you for the quick response.

I imagine it would be better to standardize on a common column name.  However, if that is not possible, what considerations (memory, performance) would having multiple connectors deployed?

Cheers,
Kyley

Haji imam syafei sjom msc Musa isa al-qqsa

May 6, 2021, 2:56:46 AM5/6/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Thanks❤