Re: Abridged summary of confessing-christ@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics

ELMWOOD COMMUNITY CHURCH

Apr 19, 2020, 6:12:23 PM4/19/20
to Abridged recipients
Dave Congdon here; I got this message.

Blessings

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 05:21:15 PM EDT, <confessi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Janet Keyes <janet....@gmail.com>: Apr 18 07:31PM -0400

You also made it to my mailbox. so nice to see all those familiar names!
Blessings-
Janet Keyes

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 3:14 PM George Demetrion <georg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

...more
Howard MacMullen <hmacm...@gmail.com>: Apr 18 08:00PM -0400

Hello All,

Still receiving.

Skip

============================
Rev. Howard H. MacMullen, Jr.
172 Sutherland Pond Rd.
Sabattus, ME 04280
617-312-8803

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 3:14 PM ...more
Gail Miller <galym...@gmail.com>: Apr 18 08:08PM -0400

Here!

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 3:14 PM George Demetrion <georg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

...more
Clifford Anderson <anderson...@gmail.com>: Apr 19 04:03PM -0500

Hi All,

I’m here too. Great indeed to see your names again.

Best wishes,

Cliff

...more
George Demetrion <georg...@gmail.com>: Apr 19 04:41PM -0400

Hi Roger and anyone else out there. I didn't get your email. I had to
check the archives to see your message, though I can send a message out. I
don't even want to try to figure that one out
...more
Roger Easland <jeas...@pie.midco.net>: Apr 18 06:59PM -0500

Good to hear from you George and others! Still loving Jesus glory shinning on the prairie at Pierre SD and preaching when called! After the isolation is over please come out and see us! Rode Ol ...more
James Silver <rev...@sbcglobal.net>: Apr 19 07:08PM

Hi All,I am still here, and still wrestling with stuff.  Particularly how Christ is revealed through our brokenness. I am involved with Disabilities Ministries with the Southern New England ...more

Roger Easland

Apr 19, 2020, 6:43:56 PM4/19/20
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
So what if we could prove the historical Jesus to a greater extent than has already been do BUT their was no witness of the experiential witness of the thousands upon thousands who claim to have had one! Those who after such person “meetings” in their great variety have been transformed by repentance and faith! Those who have at the extreme died as martyrs or who have served in myriad capacities out of gratitude for liberation? The subjectivity of all this personal salvation and it’s resulting communal action weighs so heavy in its historical accumulation what more is required? To me the evidence of goodness and love that the Body of Christ shines forth  should be light enough to bring the world to its knees in faith but amazingly it does not! Not yet anyway! As you know I am a late life convert so I take Jesus command to be born again as no mere suggestion. The driving spiritual force the Holy Spirit creates at the hearing of the Word is a self defining witness that God’s uncreated energy is sufficient to bring about “Kingdom” reality! As well for me—besides witnessing the work of the church does in all its variety—- the gushing forth and sustenance of new life in the natural world IS irrefutable evidence of God’s sovereign presence and power! Nature in and of itself is not benevolent but the Creator is on our behalf! Should we all not weep in gratitude at the sight of it! The Liturgy and the Sacraments are also designed by the Spirit to disorientate us from what distances us from God and reorientate us to his immediate and personal love! One drop of blood saves the universe George but He pours out gallons from the store house of grace!!! Only Jesus can disappear the distance from a sinful man to a Holy God! Praise his wonderful name! ALL history belongs to him alone! Love and love to all the sweet believers in Confessing Christ!!! AND bless God for the great teachers who have left us!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Willis Elliott

Apr 20, 2020, 9:00:17 AM4/20/20
to confessi...@googlegroups.com