message went through

George Demetrion

Mar 10, 2017, 6:33:47 PM3/10/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Greetings once again, colleagues,

I see by the archives that my recent message went to the listserv, though I did not receive it in my email. I'm wondering how many others are not receiving messages.

Not much to say at this point--would have to give it much thought--I would like to bring to your attention a new book by N. T. Wright, titled, The Day the Revolution Began: reconsidering the Meaning of Jesus's Crucifixion  https://www.amazon.com/Day-Revolution-Began-Reconsidering-Crucifixion/dp/0062334387/ref=pd_sbs_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=219VE4QXY1NWXZHP4THP,

This looks like an exciting text in which Wright's theory on the atonement. The Amazon reviews are worth reading.

Here's a potential discussion: To what extent can Wright's thesis of the coming of Christ as the climax of the (Jewish) covenant be squared with pervasive Reformed views of the atonement? is there scope here for a most generous orthodoxy that can break some new ground in our thinking and practice?

George

Janet Keyes

Mar 10, 2017, 7:00:45 PM3/10/17
to Confessing Christ
George and other friends-
This is the first CC message I have received in weeks. The topic sounds challenging.  I hope whatever was wrong with the list is now behind us.
Blessings-
Janet Keyes

--

---

Herb Davis

Mar 11, 2017, 10:40:08 AM3/11/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Dear George,  I don’t have Wright’s book, could you summarize Wright’s position on the climax of the covenant and reformed thinking on atonement?  So we can begin a discussion.  I also wonder where the Incarnation relates? Herb
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to confessing-chr...@googlegroups.com.