Freezes in Git Bash/Vim startup and close slow in Git Bash

Dave Ferguson

Jul 12, 2018, 9:17:59 AM7/12/18
to ConEmu ML
Hi all,

With the latest versions of Git Bash and ConEmu, I've noticed quite a bit of lag when starting and stopping vim.  I've also noticed that git bash will randomly freeze on me, particularly when I leave my machine with an open conemu window and come back.

I don't do anything special for launching Git Bash.  First, I run ConEmu with the provided shortcut from the start menu, and then usually I pin it to my task bar and just click on it from then on.  I use the built in task for Git Bash.  I can navigate to a very small file and load it in vim.  Loading it can take a second or two.  If I do no edits and just :wq, I can sometimes count to 3 or 4 before it closes.  This doesn't happen when running vim from command prompt within ConEmu or when running vim from Git Bash outside of ConEmu.

What can I do to help fix the issue?  I love ConEmu and I want to continue using it with Git Bash, but right now it feels so buggy I can't use it.  I'd love to help fix it.  Thoughts or suggestions?

-- Dave

Maximus

Jul 12, 2018, 12:15:43 PM7/12/18
to cone...@googlegroups.com

Dave Ferguson

Jul 12, 2018, 2:45:37 PM7/12/18
to cone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I can confirm that’s what I’m seeing, thanks!  Also I noticed this seems to be related to the freezing I was seeing.  If I toggle the buffer on and off I can no longer type in the terminal.

I’d definitely be interested in seeing what is needed to fix it.

— Dave