Different command prompt for Admin shell

Russ Seligman

Mar 5, 2019, 3:11:59 PM3/5/19
to ConEmu ML
This may be a silly question... I just installed ComEmu on a new computer, and the command prompt for a cmd (Admin) shell is now "#", whereas on my old computer it was "$". The prompt for a regular cmd shell is still "$". Is this a change to indicate it's an Admin shell? Or did I change a setting someplace?

Maximus5

Mar 5, 2019, 3:23:04 PM3/5/19
to cone...@googlegroups.com
Definitely yes.
The # is used in Unix shells to indicate sudo mode.
ConEmu adopts the convention

On March 5, 2019 23:12:04 Russ Seligman <rsel...@gmail.com> wrote:

This may be a silly question... I just installed ComEmu on a new computer, and the command prompt for a cmd (Admin) shell is now "#", whereas on my old computer it was "$". The prompt for a regular cmd shell is still "$". Is this a change to indicate it's an Admin shell? Or did I change a setting someplace?

Russ Seligman

Mar 5, 2019, 4:02:06 PM3/5/19
to cone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's what I thought. Apparently my previous computer is using an older ConEmu version that didn't pick up that change yet.