Using global thread pools

Arindam Mukherjee

Sep 8, 2017, 3:56:39 PM9/8/17
to Concurrent Ruby
I use dataflow to run most of my jobs because they are task graphs. These spawn the global thread-pools which then keep running. From time to time, I fire more of my jobs.

Now there are a lot of other background jobs that I run and I would like to move these from ad hoc Threads, to the global thread pools.

1. Are Concurrent.global_io_executor and Concurrent.global_fast_executor the correct pools to use for this purpose?
2. How can I check the count of threads in these pools, or for that matter the total number of threads running across thread-pools?

Arindam

Petr Chalupa

Nov 18, 2017, 6:06:27 AM11/18/17
to Arindam Mukherjee, Concurrent Ruby
Hi
1. Yes they are. Be aware that fast pool is for non-blocking short, fast operations only, rest is suppose to go to io pool.