a centralized fair reader-writer spin lock

Aleksey Demakov

May 16, 2019, 5:52:02 PM5/16/19
to Concurrency Kit
Hi all,

My question does not directly pertains to ck, but in principle it is relevant to its subject and potentially one day might result into a contribution to it.

I posted on stackoverflow quite a lengthy writeup with my thoughts on a venerable RW ticket lock algorithm by John M. Mellor-Crummey and Michael L. Scott. I found what I think is an enhancement over it. Also I provided a C++ implementation for that (not well tested yet though).

I will greatly appreciate any feedback on this lock variant.

Regards,
Aleksey

Aleksey Demakov

May 17, 2019, 3:56:20 AM5/17/19