Fwd: FW: Beekeeping @ Concordia

Alexander Oster

May 31, 2013, 11:32:04 AM5/31/13
to concordiabe...@googlegroups.com
FYI, Bikram is coming at the Beehive idea with a full head of steam.

Alex
From: Alex Oster <aos...@algol.concordia.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:34:54 -0400
To: Gerald Beasley <Gerald....@concordia.ca>, Katie Sheahan <katie....@concordia.ca>
Cc: Bikramjeet Sidhu <b_s...@live.concordia.ca>, <pave...@gmail.com>, "concordiabe...@googlegroups.com" <concordiabe...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Beekeeping @ Concordia

Hello Katie and Gerald,

Katie you already know Bikram, but Gerald, meet Bikram, an Ecology student here at Concordia. He's leading a big push to get some beehives established on Concordia's Loyola Campus. Today, he is submitting Concordia's submission to the Sustainable Campus International Competition. His entry build's the case for, and describes how, a campus apiary could be established.

Here's a video explaining the project:

Gerald, you've been included because during the last push for honeybees on campus, the Vanier Library was identified as a possible site for the honeybees hives; mainly for its safe roof access through the South-East Emergency staircase.

Would you be free next Friday (June 7th), or the following Tuesday (June 11th) to give us your feedback on the project?

Thanks, and happy Friday.

Alex
--

Alexander Oster
Coordinator of Student Experience

--
Alexander Oster

"and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"