Simple-RSS unable to parse own example

Martin Ballaschk

Aug 6, 2021, 7:31:47 AMAug 6
to Concerto Digital Signage

Hi there,

I am having some problems with adding an XML feed in 2.4.0-beta.1 and ConcertoSimplRss (Gem version 1.1). The feed and the XSLT are valid (I tried it with https://www.w3schools.com/xml/tryxslt.asp), but it the simpleRSS plugin is not accepting it.

But I noticed that Concerto/SimpleRSS is unable to work with the example given in its very own documentation on https://github.com/concerto/concerto-simple-rss.

When I try adding "https://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/PASX.xml" to Concerto>Add>RSS and set the Display Format to XSLT, the preview fails with "Unable to preview. feed could not be parsed" regardless of the XSL markup I add. When I try to submit, it gives me the error message "URL does not appear to be an RSS feed".

Any ideas why this fails?

Best,
Martin