Debian install fails

Rolf Niggemann

Apr 8, 2023, 6:56:21 AM4/8/23
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I want to install concerto-lite package on Debian 11.

sudo apt install concerto-lite
The install aborts with error:

concerto-lite (2.3.6) wird eingerichtet ... ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::OptionParser::InvalidOption) invalid option: --no-ri Did you mean? no-force dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes concerto-lite (--configure): »installiertes post-installation-Skript des Paketes concerto-lite«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück

I believe the option '--no-ri' is removed and must be replaced with '--no-document' .
How to do that?

Thank you for help.

I found a fix with the help of some googleing:

Inside the deb package is a file "control.tar.gz - postinst"

In postinst change the line
gem install bundler --no-ri --no-rdoc
gem install bundler --no-document

This is due to the arguments --no-ri and --no-rdoc are removed and are replaced by --no-document.

Then build a new .deb file (including new version number) and the install completes without error.
I do not know how to implement the fix here, so maybe someone can help and build an official new package?

Alfredo Cole

May 21, 2024, 3:19:45 PMMay 21
to Concerto Digital Signage
Thank you. This should help a lot of people. Have you found any updated instructions on installing package in 2024?