Using Concerto on a desktop connected to 8 monitors

Gabriel Rosario

Jan 31, 2024, 12:30:56 AMJan 31
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Is it possible to use Concerto on a desktop connected to 8 monitors across a hallway where each monitor is displaying something different while a user can create/publish content through a browser on a tablet/laptop?

Sincerely,
Gabriel

Jeremy Mead

Feb 5, 2024, 4:53:42 PMFeb 5
to Concerto Digital Signage
That would have to be a robust desktop if I understand your intended setup.

Concerto is just a web browswer. A feed is connected to a specific URL. If you created different "devices" in the Concerto settings, you could have 8 tabs open and use 8 different URLs for each feed.

I'm not sure how well a tablet would work in adding content.

I would definitely test the concept before building this out. With the amount of hardware you would need to drop into a server to produce out video outputs, I would invest that money in some Raspberry Pis and just connect those to the tvs/monitors. You can set them up in kiosk mode if you ever need to reboot them.