Templates manual

Louis Yssel

Dec 9, 2017, 10:03:28 AM12/9/17
to Concerto Digital Signage
Hi,

I am new to Concerto, and very impressed so far, and have the server running with multiple players and browsers connecting.

However, I am completely lost when it comes to adding the dynamic fields to templates to be able to show the weather, RSS feeds and calendars. How is this done, I have spend hours searching the web, and found one article pointing to the database to the Dynamic table, which does not exist on my system 2.3.5.

Can someone either send me the instructions on how to create templates and adding the fields to show these calendars, weather and the likes, as I am not a Ruby expert at all, but need Digital Signage.

Thanks in advance,
Louis

rodrigo....@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2017, 10:50:18 AM12/10/17
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

dynamic fields to templates to be able to show the weather, RSS feeds and calendars.

Hi,

Under the time you create your own templates, did you yet try these ones at the link below? Maybe those templates (i e Gray Swoosh) have already the setting on in order to show RSS and Calendars? I have not yet myself used most of those templates, just about two, so i don't really know of all of those but it can be worth trying?

here you'll find some Concerto templates and Template information, look under [preview] to know the details about each template, i e the most basic showing 1 picture is "Simplicity":

You can then put the template zip file through the left part of the Concerto menu so called Admin Panel tab, click later the link under "Templates" there and add your template chosen selection on as a Concerto template.

Greetings

Vangelius

rodrigo....@gmail.com

May 7, 2021, 2:31:14 PM5/7/21
to Concerto Digital Signage
Admin Panel Tab:
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 19.59.06.png

Network Vitals:
Template_Under_AdminPanelTab.jpg

. . . You can then put the template zip file through the left part of the Concerto menu so called Admin Panel tab, there you'll find Network Vitals.

Example:
Navigate to your Template file somewhere you before downloaded it in your system (i e the Template file from https://www.concerto-signage.org/help_pages/38) by doing click on the text Template, and then use for instance "Simplicity.zip".

Screens.png
Next under Screens and New Screen you'll find now under Select Template the template Simplicity. Use it by selecting Subscriptions and using +Add A New Feed... . You should of course create/have a Feed.