Self hosted video doesn't play

Andrew Roos

Sep 17, 2021, 4:53:16 AM9/17/21
to Concerto Digital Signage
I am trying to add a self-hosted video to a notice board. The MP4 video is hosted on an internal web server, and plays fine on Firefox, Chrome and Edge web browsers when I enter the video URL directly in the browser. I have created a video content item in a feed, and in the administration interface the content item shows a video player and if I press play then the video plays correctly. However the video does not show at all in the screen field that is subscribed to the feed containing the video content item. It shows graphical items from the same feed correctly. However the video does not show up at all - no video player, or black box, or loading item, or anything - I just see the background behind the field.

Concerto version 2.3.6. I have not installed the concerto_remote_video plugin as my understanding is that this is only required for streaming services such as YouTube. I am using the same PC and browsers to connect to the concerto server to display the screen as I used to test video playback by entering the video URL directly in the browser, so it shouldn't be a CODEC or video URL access issue.

All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Andrew