install the player on raspberry pi 4

Maxime Bernard

Sep 12, 2022, 5:27:13 AM9/12/22
to Concerto Digital Signage
Hello,

I can't set up the player on a raspberry 4.
Is there documentation or an .img file for installing the player?

Kenny Holmes

Sep 12, 2022, 6:34:18 AM9/12/22
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

Kenny Holmes

Sep 12, 2022, 6:36:17 AM9/12/22
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

If you plan on showing videos, the raspberry pi is not a good choice.  It can’t seem to handle videos well and will crash.

We actually use Firesticks running Opera Mini as it’s the only android browser that seems to support full screen mode.

The best thing about Firesticks is we can connect to all the screens using ADB Connect.

Cheers

Sent from Mail for Windows

Tixier, David

Sep 15, 2022, 3:23:32 PM9/15/22
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com
From my experiences, I never had any problem with raspberry, openbox, kiosk mode chromium with videos, even in full hd.
On the other hand, I spent a lot with some android devices requiring specific video encoding and size etc...

Today, we have 8 raspberry based 46" screens, ssh enabled, wifi or wired, running well for 3 years.

David.

Kenny Holmes

Sep 15, 2022, 5:21:24 PM9/15/22
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

Interesting,  I tried it with a Pie 3, but it wasn’t working properly.  Maybe I’ll give the Pie 4 a shot.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I can't set up the player on a raspberry 4.
Is there documentation or an .img file for installing the player?

Maxime Bernard

Sep 19, 2022, 4:39:59 AM9/19/22
to Concerto Digital Signage
Thank you for returning.

I’m having a problem right now with chrome in kiosk mode. The videos are on the screen but not played.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Tixier, David

Sep 21, 2022, 12:34:42 PM9/21/22
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com