What is the best way to add/generate domain-specific assertions?

Raizy Kellerman

May 13, 2021, 4:16:21 AM5/13/21
to conceptnet-users
Hello,

I would like to add domain specific concepts to conceptnet. Is there a tutorial for doing that?

Thank you.

Catherine Havasi

May 19, 2021, 7:02:54 PM5/19/21
to conceptn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raizy,

Usually there are better ways to solve a problem then adding domain specific assertions. Unless you have a LOT of them, they'll get drowned out by the current KB. Lots of people use fine-tuning/transfer to add to the model from the KB. Feel free to email me directly and I can help you out.

- Catherine

Jeff Wright

May 25, 2021, 4:21:41 PM5/25/21
to conceptnet-users
Does this mean ConceptNet cannot easily be used for domains-specific projects, with focused semantics, because it is stuck with a generic KB that will dominate all new applications? This would be a fundamental (and unnecessary) limitation.

Catherine Havasi

Jul 8, 2021, 5:48:22 PM7/8/21
to conceptn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply on this but I did want to clarify. Conceptnet is great at domain specific projects, but in general I recommend domain adaption or fine tuning when adding domain specific data to a data set. It tends to get the balance better.

- C