Faster way to interact with conceptnet5

Akash Gosai

Jul 6, 2020, 10:14:35 AM7/6/20
to conceptnet-users
Hey Guys. I am currently working on something for which I am using conceptnet5. Basically I have large dump database of words and I have to find the subset of it which lies in conceptnet5. So currently I am running a loop over my dataset and doing api calls to conceptnet5 but this process seems to be slow (expected time is around 40 days). So is there any way I can achieve this faster?

lan liu

Jul 7, 2020, 5:13:21 AM7/7/20
to conceptnet-users
For a project that I'm working on, I'm using this conceptnet5 dataset: https://ttic.uchicago.edu/~kgimpel/commonsense.html

No clue how the authors created the dataset. Nevertheless, maybe it's also useful for you?

Amirouche Boubekki

Jul 7, 2020, 3:02:59 PM7/7/20
to conceptnet-users
Which API calls are you doing exactly? A quick fix is to run your own instance of conceptnet.

Akash Gosai

Jul 11, 2020, 2:11:28 AM7/11/20
to conceptnet-users
Thanks. I will give this a shot