Access to Earlier ConceptNet Version

Aditi Chitkara

Apr 25, 2024, 4:18:58 AMApr 25
to conceptnet-users
Hi,

Thank you very much for having created this amazing product.

I want to request access to a previous version of the underlying mini-Numberbatch data that powered the ConceptNet API between April 2018 and April 2020. I'm working on updating research that used ConceptNet and need data from an earlier version of ConceptNet to be able to do so.

The research uses data from the /related ConceptNet API that was scraped around June 2019. I tried recreating the similarity calculations using the mini HDF5 files hosted on the website, but none corresponded to the version scraped in June 2019.

I confirmed this by checking the API output for the example word, tea_kettle, using Wayback Machine. As per Wayback Machine, the present version (19.08) powered the API starting May 2020; 17.06 was last recorded in October 2017. There were two versions between 17.06 and 19.08 for which data isn't available in the HDF5 format on the website.

Were other versions of the data that powered the API stored internally? If possible, could you please share them with me? Thank you very much!

Catherine Havasi

Apr 26, 2024, 11:28:34 AMApr 26
to conceptn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adita,

We've poked around and unfortunately I don't think we have old versions. In retrospect, that might have been a good thing to keep but it would have been a lot of storage space! I know people have looked at versions over time for other studies but they ended before the period you're thinking about. Sorry!

Catherine

Aditi Chitkara

Apr 28, 2024, 10:45:02 AMApr 28
to conceptnet-users
Hi Catherine,

Oh well, that makes sense. In any case, thank you very much for looking into this!

Warmly,
Aditi