The Every Computer Performance Book

Bob Wescott

Jun 24, 2014, 12:44:18 PM6/24/14
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote the  Every Computer Performance Book to help people solve and avoid application performance problems on any collection of computers. It is jargon free, relentlessly practical, and occasionally funny. It is the essence of what is true, and what works, in any performance related situation. Regardless of the technology, if you get this stuff right your life is a lot easier. It shows how to use the performance laws to find useful things without getting lost in the math. It explains how to do, and when to use, performance metering, capacity planning, load testing and modeling. It helps with the human side of performance by helping you get people to work with you and showing you how to present your findings (good or bad) all the way up to the CIO level.

On the book's website: http://www.treewhimsy.com/TECPB/Book.html you will find further info about my qualifications to write such a book, sample chapters, excerpts, and links to both iPad and Amazon paperback versions – both are less than $10USD

You can also read my writing in blog for on The Every Computer Performance Blog.

After working in the field of computer performance for the last 25 years, I want to give something back. I hope you find this book useful.

Thank you for your consideration,
Bob Wescott

Federico Lucifredi

Jun 24, 2014, 2:55:26 PM6/24/14
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,
I heard about your book, but I haven’t read it yet. I ordered it, will put it on my read buffer.

Best -Federico
> --

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C

Bill Ricker

Jun 25, 2014, 6:03:55 AM6/25/14
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
Such a book would have been a nice textbook for the seminar i gave last summer !

bill