New Book: Denis Bakhvalov's

Federico Lucifredi

Apr 20, 2021, 12:34:51 AM4/20/21
to Computing Performance
Hello Computing Performance,
  Looks like a new author entered the field of performance tuning, recently dominated by Brendan Gregg's monopoly with Linux-based titles.

 Denis Bakhvalov penned a book on code tuning for modern CPUs, in the vein of Michael Abrash's 90s titles (well, within the limits of what today's chips allow the coder to control ;-).

  Performance Analysis and Tuning on Modern CPUs

  I am waiting on my copy, but the table of contents looks very promising!

Best -Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi)

Bill Ricker

Apr 20, 2021, 8:36:20 AM4/20/21
to computing-...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021, 00:34 Federico Lucifredi <fluci...@acm.org> wrote:
  Looks like a new author entered the field of performance tuning, recently dominated by Brendan Gregg's monopoly with Linux-based titles.

An awesome oeuvre,  but variety is good

 Denis Bakhvalov penned a book on code tuning for modern CPUs, in the vein of Michael Abrash's 90s titles (well, within the limits of what today's chips allow the coder to control ;-).

  Performance Analysis and Tuning on Modern CPUs

Fun