Xeon Phi Coprocessor Optimization

Federico Lucifredi

Mar 19, 2013, 8:41:24 PM3/19/13
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Computing Performance,
  I am reading the MK book "Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor High Performance Programming", and I just realized Intel has two whitepapers on Xeon Phi tuning already up on their site:

  The MIC architecture is interesting mostly because optimizing for a 10-core Xeon or a 100-core coprocessor works along the same lines, and tuning performed to increase parallelism for the coprocessor will benefit execution on a standard Xeon CPU as well -- given how time-expensive code optimization is, this is highly interesting.

 Best -F

 -- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
 (Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C

Federico Lucifredi

Sep 17, 2020, 3:59:56 PM9/17/20
to Computing Performance
Hello Computing Performance,
  I am revisiting the PHI, as Intel has killed the product line and eBay is awash in cheap hardware. Anyone here had experience using multiple PHI boards on a single server? I expect limited compatibility, so I am looking for speciic server models for such configurations.

Best -F

Kurt L Keville

Sep 18, 2020, 3:58:46 AM9/18/20
to Computing Performance

I know somebody who knows somebody... a guy who worked on the massive PHI cluster down at TACC.  I will ask him.​