openbenchmarking.org

Federico Lucifredi

Nov 12, 2012, 6:46:10 PM11/12/12
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Computing Performance,
   On a completely separate note, I need to mention that the Phoronix team, headed by Michael Larabel, has recently created

   As a community where results of performance testing are stored and shared.  I am curious to see if it picks up steam, I think there is some potential there.  Just the potential time savings make it a good destination to go and "take a look" at other's results before cranking out one's own equipment.

 Best -Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C

Agner Fog

Nov 13, 2012, 2:20:24 AM11/13/12
to computing-...@googlegroups.com
How open is openbenchmarking.org? It is not very clear from the website
whether it is a non-profit organization or a privately owned company.

An open platform for exchanging performance-related information sounds
like a good initiative, but I wouldn't like to work for free for such a
platform if somebody else can copyright my contribution and make money
on it.