encounter error when install MVAPICH1.1

Eric.Lu

Dec 10, 2008, 10:29:42 PM12/10/08
to computer.paraopt.compiler
Hi,

When I install mvapich1.1, I encounter a problem as follow:

And what I have done is:

1) ./configure –prefix=/home/autopar/lxj/mvapich1.1

2) ./make.mvapich.gen2 ,

Then it shows error as below:

viainit.c: In function `create_srq':

viainit.c:427: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast

viainit.c:428: error: structure has no member named `xrc_srq_num'

viainit.c:428: error: structure has no member named `xrc_srq_num'

viainit.c: In function `xrc_init':

viainit.c:1144: error: `IBV_DEVICE_XRC' undeclared (first use in this
function)

viainit.c:1144: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once

viainit.c:1144: error: for each function it appears in.)

viainit.c:1161: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast

make[3]: *** [viainit.o] Error 1

Exit status from make was 2

make[2]: *** [mpilib] Error 1

make[1]: *** [mpi-modules] Error 2

make: *** [mpi] Error 2

Failure in building MVAPICH.

Wish for your reply!

Eric.Lu

Dec 10, 2008, 10:30:38 PM12/10/08
to computer.paraopt.compiler
This failure is because you're using an older OFED version which
doesn't support XRC. You can either -
(a) Install OFED version 1.3 or later which has XRC support
(b) Compile without XRC - remove the -DXRC from CFLAGS in
make.mvapich.gen2

-Jaidev

Eric.Lu

Dec 11, 2008, 12:25:34 AM12/11/08
to computer.paraopt.compiler
hi, Jaidev
Thank you for your advice.
Now I write the steps of install mvapich-1.1:
1. download the mvapich-1.1 and the user-guide.pdf
the websites are:
dowload: http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/download/mvapich/
userguide: http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/

2. untar the file and mkdir the install direction, such as
tar xvzf mvapich.tar.gz
mkdir mvapich1.1

3. you can just do like this: ./make.mvapich.gen2 ( choose the
proper edtion and it will finish cofigure and installl);
you can changhe the CFLAG and install dierctory in
make.mvapich.gen2.

That's all. Whis you have a good experience in mvapich.